DreamKey Partners is proud to administer the House Charlotte Program on behalf of the City of Charlotte. Together, we’re addressing an important need in our community by helping hardworking people achieve upward mobility through homeownership.
The House Charlotte program offers two deferred down payment assistance loan options for eligible customers purchasing within the City of Charlotte limits. These 0% loans can be used for down payment, closing costs, and/or interest rate buy down and are available to households with incomes at or below 80% or up to 110% of the area median income.
To learn more, click to links below.
The House Charlotte Program provides 15 or 30 year, deferred loans to qualified applicants. Funds can be used to cover down payment, closing cost and interest rate buy down.
- Funding up to $30,000 for families with household income at or below 80% Area Median Income (AMI) purchasing within Charlotte City limits.
- Funding up to $10,000 for families with household income above 80% AMI, up to 110% AMI purchasing within Charlotte City limits.
Additional eligibility requirements
- Maximum purchase price is $315,000 for new construction properties and $300,000 for existing properties.
- Families with household income that is 110% or less of the HUD Area Median Income may be eligible.
- Participants must complete pre-purchase homebuyer education and counseling through a HUD-Approved Counseling Agency.
- The home must be a family’s primary residence and located within the City of Charlotte.
- The House Charlotte down payment assistance can be combined with other down payment assistance programs, such as North Carolina Housing Finance Agency Community Partners Loan Pool (CPLP).
- Lenders apply for the program on behalf of eligible buyers. To find out if you are eligible, contact a House Charlotte Approved Lender.
- Please note that House Charlotte is not affiliated with any Real Estate Company, Broker or Agent. Buyers are welcome to use the agent of their choice.
- The selected home must be located within the City of Charlotte limits. To determine if the property of interest is eligible, an address search must be completed through the mapping application.
- Once you have found a house in an eligible area, ask your lender to apply for the House Charlotte Program. All parties on the loan must attend a minimum of eight (8) hours of homebuyer education and counseling with a HUD-Approved Counseling Agency. To register for education courses, buyers can review our Homeownership Education Programs, or call the Homeownership Center of Charlotte at 704-342-0933, Community Link at 704-943-9517, or another local HUD-Approved Counseling Agency. or visit HUD.gov.
- Online Education is accepted from E-Home and Framework ONLY. One-on-one counseling is required. *Please note, we provide (4) hours of credit for online education therefore the remaining (4) hours should come from one-on-one counseling.
- A certificate is issued upon completion of training which is valid for one year only.
- Completion of homebuyer education training does not guarantee approval of House Charlotte funds.
For LENDERS and REALTORS
For General Program Information, Loan Submission Process and Requirements
DreamKey Partners House Charlotte Team
For Lender Registration and Post Closing Account Services
City of Charlotte Housing & Neighborhood Services