About House Charlotte
DreamKey Partners administers House Charlotte down payment assistance on behalf of the City of Charlotte. Together, we’re addressing an important need in our community by helping households with incomes up to 110% of the area median income achieve economic opportunity through homeownership.
House Charlotte offers deferred down payment assistance options for eligible homebuyers purchasing within the City of Charlotte limits.
- These 0% loans can be used for a down payment, closing costs and/or interest rate buy-down.
- The home must be a primary residence located within the City of Charlotte limits (see mapping application below).
- Maximum purchase price is $315,000 for new construction properties and $300,000 for existing properties.
- Participants must complete pre-purchase homebuyer education and counseling through a HUD-approved financial education and counseling agency (see list below).
Please see below for additional information.
More to know about the House Charlotte program
- House Charlotte is not affiliated with any Real Estate Company, Broker or Agent. Buyers are welcome to use the agent of their choice.
- Once you have found a house, ask your lender to apply for House Charlotte. Note: All parties on the loan must attend a minimum of eight (8) hours of homebuyer education and counseling with a HUD-Approved Counseling Agency. To register for education courses, buyers can review DreamKey Partners’ financial education programs, or call 704-342-0933. Or buyers may call Community Link at 704-943-9517, another local HUD-approved financial education counseling agency (see list above) or visit HUD-gov.
- Online education is accepted from E-Home and Framework ONLY. One-on-one counseling is required. *DreamKey Partners provides (4) hours of credit for online education therefore the remaining (4) hours should come from one-on-one counseling.
- A certificate is issued upon completion of training which is valid for one year only.
- While completion of homebuyer education is required, it does not guarantee approval of House Charlotte funds.
- House Charlotte can be combined with other down payment assistance programs, such as the North Carolina Housing Finance Agency Community Partners Loan Pool (CPLP).
For Approved Lenders, Real Estate Agents and Attorneys
For General Program Information, Loan Submission Process and Requirements
DreamKey Partners House Charlotte Team
For Lender Registration and Post Closing Account Services
City of Charlotte Housing & Neighborhood Services